We know that Firefox is fast but for some, they’re not satisfied with it and they want to make it faster and with these tricks/hacks that I found, it may double your internet browsing speed on Firefox! Maybe you’re curious why did I say “may double your internet browsing speed”, it’s because for some people, this trick works and for others, it didn’t.
Check out these hacks and increase your internet browsing speed:
Reduce the amount of RAM Firefox uses for it’s cache feature:
1) Type “about:config” (no quotes) in the address bar in the browser.
2) Find “browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers”
3) Set it’s value to “0“;(Zero)
Increase the Speed in Which Firefox loads pages
1) Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit Enter. (Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.)
2) Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 10.
This means it will make 10 requests at once.
3) Lastly, right-click anywhere and select New->Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0“;(Zero)
This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives. If you’re using a broadband connection you’ll load pages faster now.
Optionally (for even faster web browsing) here are some more options for your about:config (you might have to create some of these entries by Right Click –> New– >Interger or String
“network.dns.disableIPv6”: set “false”
“content.notify.backoffcount”: set “5”; (Five)
“ui.submenuDelay”: set “0”; (Zero)
Reduce RAM usage to 10mb when Firefox is minimized
This little hack will drop Firefox’s RAM usage down to 10 Mb when minimized:
1) Open Firefox and go to the Address Bar. Type in about:config and then press Enter.
2) Right Click in the page and select New -> Boolean.
3) In the box that pops up enter “config.trim_on_minimize”. Press Enter.
4) Now select True and then press Enter.
5) Restart Firefox.