Gazpacho

Gazpacho

The heat and humidity here today are through the roof.  This is the first meal of the day, hunger just wasn't around for me today.  I would highly recommend this cold, refreshing soup on those days you just can't face turning on the stove or lighting up the BBQ (those are rare I know).  With an avocado relish to spoon on top, delicious!!!

Gazpacho



1/2 cucumber, seeded and peeled, diced
1 pint orange or yellow tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 pint red tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 onion, roughly chopped
1 - 2 sweet red bell peppers, roughly chopped

Place all of the above in a food processor or blender and pulse until just slightly chunky.  I did mine in two batches, one I pureed, the other I left chunkier.  Place in a container in the fridge for at least 2 hours.  This soup is meant to be served cold.

Avocado Relish

1 lime, juiced
1 avocado, diced
1/2 sweet red bell pepper, diced
Italian parsley or cilantro, roughly chopped

Place all in a bowl and gently mix together.  Do this close to the time you are going to serve the gazpacho.

Optional:  Drizzle of Sherry vinegar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sialkot Saga by Ashwin Sanghi

Opera 10.60 springs to life, ready to blow your mind with speed

15 Best Alternatives to Google Reader